Here are more fun ways to keep your budding puppeteers engaged at any age:
- Make puppets out of old socks, gloves or mittens. Draw eyes, a nose and a mouth using a marker or fabric paint
- Have them act out the storyline of the book they’re reading
- Give each puppet a different voice: baby voice, deep voice, happy voice, etc.
- Ask older kids to write their own scripts
- Get a big sheet of vellum and stretch it tightly across the back, securing the ends with pins. Cut out printable puppets and attach a popsicle stick to the back.
- Add a curtain and grab a flashlight to use as a spotlight
- Make sound effects using everyday items, for example, collect dried leaves and put them in a bag to rustle
With your child as the puppet master, you'll be amazed at what can happen when you #DoItWithHART.